Friday, November 10, 2017

Mil gracias al NSE


I cannot say thank you enough to the National Spanish Exam for awarding me this scholarship.  I was concerned with already having studied here previously that they might grant it to someone who had never had this experience before.  Although it would have been great for that person (because everyone should have the chance to spend time in Madrid), this opportunity truly was not wasted on me.  My heart is here. 

This language. 
This culture. 
This food. 
These people. 

Spanish is my passion, and I am so fortunate that I get to teach it to young people every day.  I'm even more blessed that I get to show them the world through travel.  We just started planning our next trip to Spain for 2019, and it looks like it's going to be our biggest group yet!  (Yes, I'm writing this blog post in November... I'm the worst.) 

I am so thankful to have had this opportunity, to learn at one of the best universities in all of Europe, and to have met some really wonderful people.  We laughed.  We studied (a lot).  We danced.  We walked all over.  We relaxed with vino tinto.  And we learned.  This will be a summer I'll never forget.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for following my adventures!